Please take a few minutes to read the following policy so that you understand how we treat your information. As we continuously improve and expand our services, this policy might change, so please check it periodically.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information you provide
Chanticlear Pizza collects information you provide directly via the Web Site and Applications. The information we collect includes personally identifiable information, which is any information that concerns you individually and would permit someone to identify you. Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and other contact data.
- Order Information. We collect information about your orders and food choices.
- Content. We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide to customer support.
- Resume Data. We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening if you submit an application to us, including your employment history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
- We collect information you provide at various points of the Web Sites and Applications, such as the following:
- Online Orders – You can place an online order for carryout or delivery through your registered account or as a guest. If you place a carryout order, you will need to provide your first name and last name, email address, telephone number, and order information. If you pay online, you will also need to provide your payment data. If you place an order for delivery, you will also need to provide your postal address in addition to the information above.
- Chanti Club Programs – We may offer rewards programs, sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or other promotions (“Promotions”) through our Websites or Applications. In order to participate in a Promotion, you may be required to provide contact data, profile data, and other information.
- Other Transactions – We may offer you other opportunities to transact with us through the Web Sites or Applications. If you conduct transactions through the Web Sites or Applications, we will collect information you provide directly about the transactions you engage in while on the Web Sites or Applications (including any data gathered through the Application while located in a Chanticlear Pizza store and when you speak to and use voice ordering services through the Chanticlear Anyware platform, including through third party devices). This information may include payment and billing information as well as the nature, quantity and price of the goods or services you exchange, transcripts of any words that you speak while using voice ordering services through the Chanticlear Anyware platform, including through third party devices, and the individuals or entities with whom you communicate or transact business.
- Email and other voluntary communications – You may also choose to communicate with us through email, via the Web Sites, via the Applications (including through voice ordering services through the Chanticlear Anyware platform available on third party devices), or through other means. Such communications may be in connection with our customer service efforts, your questions, or for other purposes. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may include information that personally identifies you.You may choose to voluntarily disclose other information when using the Web Sites or Applications that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information. Further, certain Applications, such as those using the Chanticlear Anyware platforms available on third party devices, may capture information that you do not voluntary provide, such as background noise or secondary communications. Therefore, you should take steps to prevent the communication of unnecessary information when using such Applications.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit the Web Sites or Applications (including when you use the Applications in a Chanticlear Pizza store), we automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Web Sites or Applications. Some examples of information we collect include the following:
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features you use, the emails and advertisements you view, the products you purchase, the date and time you access the Web Sites or Applications, the pages you access while at the Web Sites or Applications, and the internet address of the web sites, if any, from which you linked directly to the Web Sites or Applications, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device you use, the operating system and browser you use, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising Id (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
- Location Data. We collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
- Log Files
A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Web Sites and Applications, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data.
- Functionality: Used to remember your preferences and for facilitating transactions such as purchases.
- Performance or Analytics: Used to measure site activity to improve user experience.
- Targeting: Used to display information and offers that specifically interest you.
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5 storage, to store information related to whether the user has chosen to “Remain Logged In” as well as tokens if third party services are used. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our Web Sites and Applications or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use Local Storage such as HTML 5 storage to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 Local Storage.
Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”)
Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Web Sites and Applications, to monitor how users navigate the Web Sites and Applications, and to count content views. We may incorporate web beacons from third parties that allow us track our conversions, bring you advertising both on and off the Web Sites and Applications, and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Web Sites and Applications with your social media account.
An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Web Sites and Applications. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Web Sites and Applications, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
Information Collected from Franchisees and Other Third Parties
- Our independent franchisees.
- Social networks when you reference our service or grant permission to Chanticlear Pizza to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by third parties or third-party policies or practices.
How we use your data
We may use your personal information for processing your order, payment processing, storing personal information on your behalf for your own use, delivery fulfillment, customer service, marketing and research, and for providing product, promotional and other information to you. Your personal information may be shared between us and a franchisee.
We may disclose personal information to other third parties in any of the following circumstances: (a) in response to a subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other legal process or request, or as may otherwise be required by applicable law or regulation; (b) to protect and defend our rights or property or those of Chanticlear Pizza franchisees or business partners, or others; or (c) as we in our sole discretion, believe is appropriate under exigent circumstances in response to a perceived threat to the personal safety, property, or rights of any person or organization.
In addition, since the our data is a business asset, if we are reorganized or becomes part of another organization, you consent to the sale, assignment, or transfer of your personal information to a successor that acquires substantially all of our business assets, or to an affiliate, as applicable.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We retain personal information in accordance with any records retention policy or program we may implement from time to time. We will retain personal information for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected the personal information or to demonstrate we have fulfilled our duties or obligations, or retention periods required by applicable law or in which claims may be made or the existence of legal proceedings.
What rights you have over your data
Review and Update of Account Information
You have the right to access certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Web Sites and Applications. You may correct, update, amend, delete, or remove that information by making the change within your Chanticlear Pizza online account or contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Tracking Technologies Generally
Most web browser applications (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Apple Safari) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
You can reset your device advertising Id at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. For information on how to do this on Apple devices, visit Apple.com or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074. For information on how to do this on Android devices, visit Google.com.
The location data collected through an app depends on your device settings and app permissions. You can exercise choice over the location data collected through our apps by (i) for GPS data, disabling location in your device settings or disabling location permissions to that app; (ii) for Bluetooth data, disabling Bluetooth and any Bluetooth scanning option in your device settings; or (iii) for WiFi data, disabling WiFi and any WiFi scanning option in your device settings. You can stop collection of all location data via an app by uninstalling the app.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, Chanticlear Pizza does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
If you disable cookies or other device tracking features, however, you may not be able to use certain functions of the Web Sites or Applications.
Analytics and Advertising
Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of interest-based advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain interest-based advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks).
Chanticlear Pizza is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of the Web Sites or Applications. From time to time, Chanticlear Pizza may also send you other messages or updates about our Web Sites, Applications, Chanticlear Pizza, or our promotions and other activities of ours and our franchisees. If you do not wish to receive promotional communications from Chanticlear Pizza, you can opt out at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications or by contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
The Web Sites and Applications are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. Chanticlear Pizza will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom Chanticlear knows to be under the age of 13. Chanticlear Pizza does not solicit or knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) from children under the age of 13. If Chanticlear Pizza nevertheless discovers that it has received personal information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom Chanticlear Pizza otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, Chanticlear Pizza will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from our files by contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
Chanticlear Pizza maintains reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard your information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Web Sites or Applications.
Chanticlear Pizza reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to the terms of this policy is made, Chanticlear Pizza will post a notice prior to the change becoming effective on its homepage and a link to the new policy.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Chanticlear Franchise System LLC., Attn: Customer Care, 18015 Ulysses Street NE, Ham Lake, MN 55304